The Tables Are Turned

Written By: D’be-D’be


Officer Pete Malloy knew he had blown it. He had lost his temper and was a little to rough with the suspect and now he was on his way to the Captain’s office. That didn’t bother him as much as the look on Sgt. MacDonald’s face yesterday when Pete told him what had happened. He had remembered that look from the past. It was the look that preceded Pete being placed over Mac’s lap to receive a good sound spanking. Surely that wouldn’t happen this time, but Pete hadn’t been so sure of himself. He’d had a feeling this wasn’t going to be his day from the minute he and Jim got out of bed to start their morning shift.

Yesterday had started off by Pete running out of shampoo; then as he stepped out of the shower to retrieve a new bottle, he stepped on an open tube of toothpaste that had fallen on the floor. Cursing to himself he proceeded to grab a wet towel and wipe up the mess. By this time he was almost fully dry and Jim was banging on the door telling him time was running out and he better get a move on or they would be late for roll call. Pete realized he had yelled at Jim when he told him to keep his pants on and he’d be there in a minute, but he couldn’t help himself. He grabbed a glass from the vanity and quickly washed his hair in the bathroom sink. Coming into the kitchen, he spotted a pouting Brat sitting at the table.

“Hey, Junior,” Malloy softly stated and planted a kiss on his partners neck. “I’m sorry I was a little short with you but I’ve only been up thirty minutes and it’s already been a disaster.”

Over breakfast Malloy told Reed what went on in the bathroom which amused his young partner to no end. “Keep laughing, Junior, and you’ll start your shift with a sore butt.”

Reed knew Malloy was just teasing him, or at least he hoped he was, so acting on the side of caution he stopped laughing and fell into Malloy’s lap.

“Hey, Pete, I’m sorry. I know it’s no fun starting the day on the wrong foot, but remembering I love you should get you through the rest of the day.”

Giving Reed a soft tender kiss on the lips, Malloy replied, “I don’t know if that will make the day go any easier but it sure will warm my heart for the duration.”

Looking at the clock, Malloy pushed Reed off his lap. “Let’s get the led out, Junior. We’re going to be late.”

Malloy’s mishaps were far from over. He broke a shoelace as he was putting his uniform on at the station, then he had to go change his shirt when a fellow officer who wasn’t looking where he was going spilled coffee all over him. Reed took off to roll call before his partner could hear the small giggle that escaped his lips at the sight of Malloy standing there, dripping wet with coffee.

“Hey, Pete,” Jim began teasingly scolding his partner. “You were late for roll call. If I recall that’s breaking one of the rules isn’t it? Ya it is; lines for you when you get home.”

“Listen, Junior, I’m in no mood for your sense of humor right now, so cool the smart mouth!”

“Oh come on, Pete, I was only teasing. Lighten up!”

Malloy was about to give Reed a small lecture when the radio began to squawk.

“One Adam-12 see the man about a missing snake, 1322 Clenmore, apt. 6.”

Turning to face Reed, Malloy questioned, “Snake! Did he say snake?”

“He sure did, Partner,” Reed smirked as he acknowledged the call, “One Adam-12 Roger!”

‘Great,’ Malloy thought to himself. He hated snakes. ‘What else could go wrong today?’

As they pulled up to the apartment house, Malloy grabbed Reed by the arm. “Listen Partner, why don’t you take the lead on this one.”

Knowing Malloy’s fear of snakes, the request didn’t come as a surprise to the young officer. “Sure, Pete, what ever you say.”

A tall man, dressed like a gypsy, came running down the hall towards the two officers.

“Oh, thank the moons of delta that you’ve arrived. Please, you have to help me find Borris. I took him out of his tank in order to clean it and I swear I just turned my head for a moment. When I went to pick Borris up to put him in his basket, he was gone.”

“Did you look all over your apartment, sir?” Reed asked.

“Of course I did, young man. Do you take me for a moron?”

“No, sir. I’m sorry. May I have your name for the record.”

“It’s Gunther, the Magnificent.”

Malloy noticed that Reed failed to ask the one main and important question, so he interrupted his partner to ask, “Gunther, may I ask what kind of snake Borris is?”

“Of course you may ask, Officer. Borris is an anaconda, a 25 foot Boa, who just loves people; believe me, he’s harmless!”

“Well a 25 foot anything shouldn’t be that hard to find,” Reed interjected. “I’ll start looking around the building. Pete, why don’t you knock on a few doors; maybe one of the neighbors have seen Borris.”

“Sounds like a plan. Listen, Gunther, why don’t you go with my partner while I start questioning your neighbors.”

“Thank you, Officer…Malloy. “

Malloy waited until Reed and the man had turned the corner to search the next corridor, then he knocked on the closest door. An elderly woman opened the door an inch or two to observe who was on the other side. When she spotted Malloy, her eyes lit up and she sprang the door wide open.

“Well, Officer, and to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?”

“One of your neighbors, a Mr. Gunther, lost his pet and I was wondering if you happened to notice anything?”

“What kind of pet, Officer?”

Malloy was hesitant to tell the old lady he was looking for a snake but he thought he better come clean or else he may never find out if she witnesses anything or not. “It’s a snake, ma’am; a rather big one at that.”

“Oh my! No, I’m sorry, Officer, I haven’t seen any snakes; maybe a few ghosts but no snakes. Would you like to come in and meet one?”

“One what, ma’am?”

“Weren’t you listening, young man? A ghost, would you like to meet one of my ghosts?”

Malloy tried to stop himself from groaning ‘what kind of building is this, one man has a 25ft snake as a pet and now this lady thinks she has ghosts for friends.’ He was trying to think of a subtle way of getting out of this predicament when he heard a scream coming from the laundry room down the hall.

“Oh dear, that sounds like poor Mr. Holland,” the old lady offered. Malloy mumbled thanks to her and spend down the hall to find a young man in his late twenties, on top of the washing machine screaming his bloody head off. When he saw Malloy, he began to scream even louder: “SHOOT IT…..SHOOT IT….OH MY GOD, IT’S GOING TO KILL ME!”

Malloy stopped dead in his tracks as he witnesses this scared young man on top of the washing machine with a 25ft snake wrapped around him. Swallowing his own fear, Malloy approached the young man and told him to calm down and stop shouting, he was only making the snake nervous. Malloy took a hold of the snake and with quick hands, removed the snake from around the young man and threw it in the clothes hamper on the floor by the dryer and closed the cover.

“Oh….you brave wonderful man,” the young man began to scream again. “You’re my hero!” With those words, he flew off the washing machine into Malloy’s arms and began kissing him all over the face. Then to make matters worse, soapy water from the washing machine began to flow all over the floor causing Malloy to loose his balance, just as Reed and Gunther and the two additional police officers who had come to join the search, came barreling into the laundry room. Malloy fell flat on the floor with the still kissing young man, landing square on top of him. Wet lips and water covered Malloy, who was afraid to open his mouth to tell this young man to get off for fear the man would stick his tongue into his mouth. The young man kept crying and singing Malloy’s praises as Officer Wells finally made the move to remove him from the fallen officer.

“Oh, Officer Malloy,” the young man continued. “I’ve always been a sucker for a man in uniform and you fill that uniform out in such a perfect way, and you were so brave to tackle that beast off me. Please let me repay you with a intimate dinner at my place say, nine o’clock this evening?”

‘This is just great,’ Malloy thought to himself. ‘Of all the people to back up him and Reed, it had to be Wells. In no time flat, this would be all over the station, that he had been propositioned by a gay guy, and of course he would have to act just as disgusted at the thought as everyone would expect him to, so as not to blow his and Jim’s secret.’

“Where is Borris?” Gunther asked a blushing Malloy.

“I put him in the clothes hamper.”

“Great thinking, Partner,” Reed smirked as he handed Malloy a dry towel. “I wish I had a camera to capture this moment” Then Reed couldn’t hold it in any longer and, along with the two other officers, began to laugh in earnest. Reed was laughing so hard tears were falling from his eyes. Wells and his partner were in the same way. Malloy just gave them all a cold stare and left the room.

It took nearly ten minutes for his fellow officers to compose themselves and join Malloy in front of the building. Still grinning but not laughing anymore, the three men gathered around Malloy.

“We’re sorry, Pete, but you have to admit it was a funny scene.” Wells spoke up first.

Malloy had calmed down considerably and he had to admit to himself it must have looked quite funny and he knew if the shoe was on the other foot he would have laughed at someone else.

“Okay, Ed, I guess you’re right. It was kind of funny, but it fits in just perfect with the kind of day I’m having.” Then turning to Reed, he ordered, “Come on, Partner, let’s get back to the station. I have to change my uniform and you have a report to write.”

Reed made his way to the car and without another word, took his place on the passenger side. While he waiting for Malloy to join him, he said a silent prayer that his partner wouldn’t be mad at him for laughing. After all, he wasn’t laughing at Malloy; just at the situation. Surely Pete would know and understand that. Reed turned to see what was taking Malloy so long when he spotted his partner and Wells in deep conversation. Wells’ partner, like Reed, had made his way to his own squad car.

Malloy was a little weary when Wells asked to talk to him in private but thought instead of blowing him off he better find out what he had to say. What Wells told him sent a flood of relief through Malloy.

“Look, Pete,” Wells began, “about what that guy suggested to you, that you meet him for dinner and all; don’t worry, I won’t say a word about that at the station. As a matter of fact I won’t even tease you in front of the others about being kissed by that guy either.”

“What? I don’t believe it! When did you ever pass up the opportunity to embarrass a fellow officer?”

“That’s true. I do like to have fun at others expense, but this is different.”

“How?” Malloy asked nervously. Did Wells suspect what went on in Malloy’s private life?

“I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not, Pete, but my nephew is gay and he goes through a lot of teasing and harassing. For me to tease you about that young man, it would be the same as if I was running down his way of life and, in turn, running down my nephew. I told Reed and Woods to cool it when we got back to the station, and they agreed it would be wrong to say anything.”

“Well, Ed, you never seize to amaze me. Thank you! I really appreciate the gesture and I’m sure that young man and your nephew will too. Now, let’s get back to work!” With a parting handshake, the officers parted ways to make their way back to the cruisers.

On the way back to the station, Reed kept stealing glances over at his partner and, after clearing his throat several times, he asked Pete to pull over into the parking lot of a local restaurant that was coming up on their right. Without question, Malloy did as his young partner requested. Pulling into an empty spot, Malloy turned off the engine then waited in silence until his Brat was ready to tell him what was on his mind. He didn’t have to wait long.

“Pete, I have to admit something to you….ah, when I came into that laundry room and saw that guy on top of you, kissing you and all, I got such a feeling of jealousy, it took everything I had not to grab him and drag his butt all the way downtown.”

“And you’re telling me this for what reason?” Malloy questioned his young Brat.

“I’ve never felt like that before, not even when some guy was coming on to Jean. That feeling kinda scared me.”

“Oh, Junior,” Malloy answered in a tone of voice that let Reed know he understood and that he wasn’t upset with him. “Jealousy is a normal emotion when you’re in love. The trick is to know how to control it and never let it get the best of you. Jealousy in its’ worst form is a sign of mistrust; mistrust of your self-worth and, most importantly, mistrust of your partner. Always remember this, Junior, I love you and only you. You never have to be worried that I would be betray that trust.”

“Oh, Pete, I know that. I really do and you don’t have to worry about me going overboard with this jealousy thing. I just couldn’t wait until we got home to share it with you.”

“I appreciate it, Junior. Now if that’s all, we better get back to the station.”

“Ah, just one more thing. What were you and Wells talking about?”

“Ya, that Wells, he never ceases to amaze me. He told me he wasn’t going to bring up the kissing incident because it would be detrimental to his nephew, who is gay by the way.”

“You must be relieved.”

“That’s an understatement if I ever heard one, Junior. Let’s get back to the station so we can finish this report and get on with the rest of this lovely day.”

Reed looked around and when he was sure no one was around he moved closer and gave Malloy a quick peck on the cheek. Malloy in turn squeezed Reed’s hand with a gesture that spoke volumes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day went fairly well and Malloy figured he was over the worst. They only had about 45 minutes left on their shift when the call came in, a missing little girl. Since they were very close to the address given, Malloy told Reed to take the call. With sirens blaring, Malloy spend to the scene in record time, only slowing down to make the sharp curve that made the cul-de-sac that led to the missing girl’s home. The little girl’s parents were in the front yard, surrounded by neighbors and supporters. The mother had her head in her hands and it was quite obvious to the two officers that she was very distraught. When she noticed Malloy and Reed approaching, she ran out of her husband’s arms and made a bee-line for Malloy. “Oh please, Officer, please find my little girl. She’s only five years old and she must be so afraid,” Huge tears were flowing from her face and her voice was hoarse from all her crying. The father, on the other hand, was angry and impatient. Malloy told Reed to take him into the house so he could calm him down and obtain as much information as he could. Malloy, in the meantime, did his best to comfort the mother and at the same time get the information he needed to ascertain the situation.

“Ma’am how long has…..”

“Tina, her name is Tina,” the mother offered.

“Yes, Ma’am. How long has Tina been missing and what was she wearing the last time you saw her.”

“Let me think….it was just under thirty minutes ago. I was on the porch there getting the barbecue ready to cook steaks for supper and Tina was playing in the front yard with her favorite doll. The phone rang and I just left her for a moment. It was Harold, that’s my husband, he called to tell me he was heading home and that he was going to stop by the store and pick up a bottle of wine. I swear, Officer, I was only gone thirty or so seconds and when I came back outside, Tina was gone.” The lady began crying again, “Oh, why didn’t I take her in the house with me? I mean, after all, I thought this was a safe neighborhood. Oh please, dear God, where is she.”

‘Damn, I hate missing children’s cases,’ Malloy thought as he filled out the report.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Ma’am. Now just try to relax and tell me what Tina was wearing.”

“Yes, I’m sorry, getting upset isn’t going to help is it. Let’s see. She had a white T-shirt that had a black kitten on the front playing with a ball of twine, a pair of blue jeans and pink sneakers and, oh yes I almost forget, a pair of pink polka dot socks.”

“That’s great, Ma’am. Now, do you have a recent picture of Tina?”

“Yes, we had some professional ones taken last week. They’re in the house. Please follow me.”

They had just approached the front door when Reed and the father came out. Reed had the picture of Tina in his hand and it was quite evident by the father’s demeanor, that Reed had done an excellent job in calming him down.

Reed took Malloy aside and passed on the information the father had given him.

“She’s a real mommy’s girl, Pete, so she would have never wondered off by herself. They’re new to the neighborhood, so Tina hasn’t really made any friends yet. She loves going to the park and playing on the swings with her doll, but like I said she would never go there without her mother.”

The group that had been gathered around the parents volunteered to canvas the neighborhood to see if the little girl could be found. Malloy thanked them for their co-operation. He was handing out street assignments when Mac and five other patrol cars arrived. Mac took over the scene to free Malloy and Reed to aid in the search. He told them to take the street closest to the park and talk to all the neighbors who lived in that area. Before moving on, Malloy took Mac aside.

“I have a real bad feeling about this, Mac. Call it gut instinct or years of experience, but something tells me we’re in for a real bad scene here.”

Sgt. Mac MacDonald took note of the tension in Malloy’s voice. “I know, Pete, but keep an open mind. I know how you feel about missing children cases but try and keep it cool okay?”

“I always do, Mac. You know that.”

“I know, Pete. That’s why you made Training Officer so quickly in your career. Go on now, go find that little girl.”

Armed with a picture of a little red-haired girl holding her favorite doll, Reed and Malloy set out for the park area. By the time they looked around the park several times and knocked on every door on both sides of the street, it was getting dark and Malloy’s apprehension had grown ten-fold. He told Reed to knock on the green bungalow on the left side of the street as he was knocking on the last door on his side. He knocked several times and rang the doorbell, but no one answered the door. He was about to leave when a small moan could be heard from an open window. Malloy jumped off the porch and did his best to see through the closed curtains. What he witnessed made his heart go cold and his blood boil hot. A man, who looked to be in his late forties with thinning hair and slight build, was leaning over the almost naked body of the little red-haired girl. Without waiting for permission to enter the residence, Malloy yelled to Reed that he had found Tina and proceeded to break down the door. The man tried to make his escape through the back bedroom window. He had one leg in and one leg out when Malloy reached him, and to say Malloy pulled him back in roughly would be an understatement. He dragged the man back into the bedroom and threw him against the wall, not once but several times. He had just turned him around and was pulling his left arm up a little higher than necessary to cuff him which caused the man to scream out, when Reed came into the bedroom yelling: “Pete…Pete….that’s enough….stop….he’s not worth it!”

Hearing Reed’s voice helped calm Malloy down somewhat. He finished handcuffing the suspect and pushed him over to Reed. “Get this scum out of hear while I call for an ambulance.”

“I already have, Pete, and I also let Mac know we found Tina. He’s on his way.”

“Good job, Junior. Thanks!”

Malloy walked into the living room and covered up the unconscious little girl. He knelt down next to her and felt for a pulse. Thank God, she was still alive. With tears in his eyes he brushed a curl away from her face and said a silent prayer to himself for this little angel. He heard her moan and call out for her mother. Malloy gently took her hand and softly whispered to her that she was going to be all right and her mommy would see her very soon. That’s the picture that Mac and the ambulance attendants witnessed as they entered the house together. Malloy, not letting go off Tina’s hand, walked beside the stretcher as she was led to the waiting ambulance. She would be taken to Central Receiving Hospital where her parents were waiting for her. Reed was leading the suspect to the squad car, when the man spotted Sgt. MacDonald.

“Hey you, Sarge! You the one in charge of that animal?” he growled as he motioned towards Malloy with his head.

“I’m his commanding officer if that’s what you’re referring to, yes, May I ask why?”

“I want to report an incident of police brutality. That animal nearly cracked my skull when he banged me into the wall so hard, and I think he dislocated my shoulder putting these cuffs on.”

“Are you making an official complaint, sir?” Mac asked.

“You’re damn right I am! I want him disciplined for what he did.”

“Disciplined? What exactly do you mean by that, sir?”

“I don’t know….suspend him or better still, fire his ass. Just get that brute off the streets!”

“Don’t worry, sir. I’ll look into it.”

“Well, see that you do,” he growled as Reed put him in the backseat of the squad car. Reed leaned against the front bumper. A sick feeling formed in his stomach when he noticed the look on Mac’s face as he approached his partner.

“You heard the complaint, Pete?” Mac asked. Malloy just nodded.

“How much of that is true?”

Looking Mac straight in the eyes, Malloy didn’t hesitate, “Most of it, Mac!”

“Damn it, Peter! What happened to you keeping your cool? Okay, get back to the station and wait for me. I’ll have to report this to the Captain and we’ll take it from there. Now get going!”

“I’m sorry, Mac.” Malloy knew he was in real trouble. The last time Mac called him Peter, he couldn’t sit down for a couple of hours. No, that would never happen. Mac would never….would he? Malloy wasn’t so sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malloy had to wait a couple of hours before Mac came back to the station. In the meantime, Reed had taken the suspect to the hospital to be checked out. He returned an hour later with the man in tow. He was booked, finger printed and put in a cell. Reed informed him there was nothing wrong with him except a couple of bruises. Malloy for his part had called the hospital several times asking about Tina and was told the same thing every time. She was still unconscious but in stable condition. Reed wanted to stay and wait for him until Mac came back, but Malloy ordered him to go home.

“But, Pete I want to see what your penalty is going to be.”

“Look, Junior, I probably won’t know that for a couple of days. Mac just wants to talk to me to get my side of the story and prepare me for what the Captain might do. Now go home and wait for me. I’ll be there as soon as a can.”

“But, Pete….”

“No ‘buts’, Junior. Now get!”

Malloy’s tone let Reed know the discussion was over, so after giving his partner a reassuring pat on the back, Reed made his way to the locker room to change then he bummed a ride home with another officer so Pete would have the car to get home.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The longer Malloy had to wait for Mac, the more nervous he got. He knew he had lost his cool tonight, but what was done was done. He couldn’t take it back. He’d probably get time off without pay, but he could handle that. He was just about to give up waiting for Mac, when he spotted his Sgt. coming down the hallway.

“Okay, Peter, get your coat, get in your car and follow me to my house. What I have to discuss with you will need some privacy. My wife is with my son on a school field trip so I have the whole house to myself. I don’t want any arguments or discussion about this. Just do it! Now move, Peter!”

“I have to change,”

“I said no discussion, stay in your uniform. Now move it!”

‘Oh shit,’ Malloy knew he was in big trouble and with head down he made his way to the car and on to Mac’s house. Mac must be really planning on blasting him out. He knew it was bad for moral for the other guys to hear their training officer getting chewed out, so Mac was wise in choosing privacy for the lecture. Mac could sure yell loud when he got angry. MacDonald was waiting for him as he pulled into the driveway. He ordered Malloy into the den. When the two men were in the huge room, Mac closed the door and made his way to a huge oak desk and after opening the top drawer he took out a wooden paddle. Expecting a stern lecture, Malloy’s face turned white when Mac turned towards him and he noticed what Mac had in his hand.

“All right, Peter Joseph Malloy, I want you to make your way over to this desk, then I want you to remove your pants and bend over”

“Mac, NO! Come on, that’s not necessary is it?”

“You know it is, Peter. You lost control out there and the only way you will able to regain control of yourself and your emotions is a good sound paddling. Now do as you were ordered!”

Malloy knew there was not use in discussing the matter any further. He knew when he made up his mind to discipline Reed he didn’t take any arguments about it either so, with eyes cast down, he made his way to the desk.

“Mac, do I have to remove my shorts as well or may I keep them on?”

“Oh Peter, what do you think?” Mac waited. “That’s right, Peter.” Malloy heard Mac say sternly, as he removed his shorts then took the proper position at the desk

“Okay Peter, to show you I’m not an absolute brute, I’m going to give you ten quick smacks with my hand to prepare that tender butt of yours, then you are going to receive twenty-five smacks with the paddle on each cheek.”

Malloy began to straighten up in shock. “That’s fifty smacks in all with that thing, Mac. Come on, don’t you think that’s a bit much?”

“Are you questioning my discipline, Peter? Would you allow your Brat to do so?”

Malloy hesitated then nodded ‘no’.

“Fine! Now, Peter, please resume the position!”

The ten smacks stung but hadn’t hurt much, but the paddle was really during the trick. Mac wasn’t holding anything back. Every smack felt harder and harder and although Malloy tried to hold out and not cry out, after about the fifteenth hit on his left cheek he began to whimper. By the time the first twenty-five were administered and Mac had started on the right cheek, Malloy was screaming out in agony.

“OWWWWWW….Oh God….OWWWWWW….Mac, stop please, you’re killing me….OWWWWW”

Not hearing any tears yet, only cries of pain, Mac continued the assault. He didn’t want to punish his friend like this, but he wouldn’t stop until he heard Malloy cry. He knew that’s what was needed. By the time he got to the twentieth smack, Malloy was in serious discomfort and finally the tears began to flow. Huge sobs racked his body as the last five paddle smacks fell. When it was over, Mac threw it down and pulled Malloy up and then into his arms. Malloy clung to his friend for dear life. He was in such pain it felt like someone had taken a blow-torch to his butt. The pain however began to dull as he allowed himself to feel the comfort Mac was giving him. He felt his back being rubbed and his body moving in motion as his friend rocked him back and forth.

“There you go, Pete, it’s all over now and things will soon be on the mend.”

“Oh Mac, that was some session, but you were right, I needed it. I didn’t realize that I was loosing control of myself.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“May I get dressed?

“YA YA…sure you can, if your little red butt can take it.”

Malloy winced as he felt the cotton rub on his sore backside. ‘Damn, Mac could sure pack a wallop.’ He couldn’t wait to get home and take a cool soothing bath. When he was dressed, Mac offered him beer then took a seat on the sofa. Malloy, although he would of loved to sit down next to his friend, had no choice right now but stand.

“Okay, Pete, what gives?”

“Well, you know about Jim and I. Lately he’s been talking about having his son stay with us for two weeks while Jean is on a training course for her new job next month. Now I love my Godson and all, but the longest I’ve been with him is a couple of hours when I babysat last year. I’m just learning to adjust to a new Brat and now I have to adjust to instant fatherhood. I’m not sure I’m up for the task. I don’t want to show any signs of weakness or fear in front of Jim, but I’m just afraid I’m not cut out for fatherhood.”

“Is that all? For the love of Jupiter, Malloy, what you’re going through is what every expected father goes through. I went through it, and I’m sure you know Jim went through it, because you were riding with him the whole time Jean was pregnant. It’s normal to have self-doubts and fear. I mean after all you’re going to be responsible for an innocent young child who will depend on you for guidance, love and understanding.”

“You’re not making this any easier, Mac,” Malloy laughed.

“I know, Pete, but listen to me. This may be the one time you have to let your Brat take the lead. He’s had more experience in raising a child than you have. Letting him lead in this does not and will not under mind your authority and you know that, so do me a favor and relax. Don’t be afraid to ask Jim for advice and guidance. I’m sure he will appreciate and be touched by your trust in him in this manner”

Malloy knew his friend was right. He could see it all so clearly now. He was ready to take the chance and he couldn’t wait to get home and discuss things with his Brat. He knew now seeing that little girl in the state she was in, brought everything to a head and he gave small prayer of thanks that he had such a great friend in Mac who knew what had to be done.

“Thanks, Mac, for everything. Now, if you can lend me a pillow or something, I think I’ll drive myself home.”

Mac couldn’t help but laugh out loud as he handed his friend a big soft pillow and before they parted the two men embraced in a warm and caring hug.

As Pete made his way to the car, it occurred to him that he had forgot to ask Mac what the Captain had said about his actions. Mac told him to report to the Captain’s office tomorrow afternoon at two o’clock, where he will learn what the Captains final decision will be. With a final wave, Pete placed the pillow on the seat, gingerly sat behind the wheel and headed home to his Brat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reed was almost frantic, waiting for Pete to return. While waiting he had made himself a peanut butter sandwich and a cup of tea. He then took a shower and cleaned up the bathroom and folded the laundry that was waiting in the basket. He then tried to sit and watch television, but he was having a hard time concentrating. Every time he heard a car, he would run to the window to see if it was Pete. He had even called the station, only to be told Pete had left over an hour ago. Where could he be? Maybe he should call the hospitals to see if Pete was in an accident or something. “Get a grip, Reed,” he scolded himself. If Malloy was hurt or something, one of the guys would have alerted him. He finally decided to try the station one more time, when he noticed the flashing red light on the answering machine was blinking. “Oh damn!” he cursed himself. He was so upset, he totally forgot to check the answering machine. With his heart pounding in his chest, Reed pressed the message button. Tears of relief filled his eyes as he heard Malloy’s strong, reassuring voice: “Hi, kiddo, it’s me! Don’t wait for me to eat. Mac asked me to come over to his house to discuss my stupid actions this afternoon, so I’m not sure how long I’ll be. See you when I see you and oh, by the way, you know you loves ya, right? See ya!”

Pete must have called when he was in the shower and he hadn’t heard the phone. Well, he knew for sure, he had to calm down. He didn’t want Pete to come home and find him upset. He’d know he hadn’t checked the machine again. He always forgot to check the machine. He wasn’t used to having one. He better start getting into the habit of checking it or Pete will give him a reason never to forget again. A little voice told him he better tell Pete he forgot to check the machine, but he ignored it convincing himself Malloy would never know the difference. He had managed to calm down just as he heard Malloy’s key in the lock. Reed flew into the den and pretended he was engrossed in a sitcom as Pete stuck his head into the room.

“Hi, Junior, did you eat yet?”

Reed noticed Malloy was walking a little funny as he watched him make his way back into the kitchen.

“Yes, I had a sandwich and a glass of milk, did you eat?”

“No, not at Mac’s. I went through the drive-thru and grabbed a hamburger. I ate it on the drive home.”

“Why do you still have your uniform on, Pete?”

“Mac was in a rush to get home and talk with me, so I didn’t take the time to change. Look, I think I’ll take a bath and relax; it’s been a long rough day”

Once again Reed noticed Pete was walking funny. “Hey, Pete, did you hurt your back or something? You’re walking like you’re in pain.”

Malloy hesitated to tell his Brat what had taken place at Sgt. MacDonald’s house but decided he had a right to know. “Look, kiddo, come and sit by the tub with me and I’ll tell you all about it, okay?”

Reed followed his Top into the bathroom. His jaw nearly fell to the floor as he noticed the red spots on Malloy’s butt when Malloy stripped.

“Oh my God, Pete! Mac spanked you, didn’t he? You got spanked tonight?” He couldn’t keep the excitement and astonishment out of his voice.

“Yes, Junior, I got disciplined tonight. Like you sometimes, when a good spanking is what it takes to get you back in control. Mac realized my behavior this afternoon was uncharacteristic and, just like in the old days, he took it upon himself to make me realize I was out of control for some reason and to help me work it out.”

“What were you out of control about? Were you …..are you having second thoughts about me…..about us?”

Reaching out to take his Brat in his arms, Malloy reassured Reed it had nothing to do with their relationship. “Look baby, I want to talk about it, but right now all I want to do is soak my sore butt. Mac used a paddle and believe me he was none to gentle about it either.”

Reed couldn’t help but resist teasing his partner “Oh Petey, is your wittle butt sore? Here let Jimmy kiss it all better.”

“If you know what’s good for you and your little butt, you will cut it out now, understood?”

“All right…all right, but why don’t you let me join you in the tub and I assure you in no time flat you’ll forget about your pain.”

With a gleam in his eyes, Malloy got in the tub then reached out and took Reed’s hand. “Okay, Junior, make yourself good to your word and turn my pain into pleasure.”

Reed took the washcloth in hand and slowly and sensuously washed every part of Malloy’s body. He then got out of the tub, lifting Malloy with him. He then proceeded to carry Malloy’s wet body to the bed. He pressed closer to Malloy and captured his Top’s lips with his own. Reed nipped at Malloy’s lips sliding his tongue into the other man’s mouth when Malloy opened it to protest. For an eternity their tongues dueled, trading dominance of the kiss back and forth until they were finally forced to come up for air. Reed then reached down and took Malloy’s penis in his hands and gave it a squeeze.

“Okay, Partner, I want you to relax let me take control, okay?” Not waiting for a reply, Reed moved in for another kiss as his hands explored Malloy’s body. Malloy moaned as Reed’s hand slipped under his back to massage his still sensitive butt.

Reed broke the kiss once more as his hand moved to tease Malloy’s left nipple.

“Damn it, Junior!” Malloy cried out as Reed took his right nipple in his mouth and sucked on it until it was pebble hard. Malloy began to move uncontrollably under the assault. Finally Reed moved down Malloy’s body and took his now hard erect penis into his mouth. Reed took his time, stopping from time to time, removing his mouth until Malloy was begging him to continue, then he would take Malloy back into his mouth to the hilt and suck until there was not tomorrow. He felt Malloy’s body shake in deep passion as his orgasm grew near. He removed his mouth and finished his partner off with his hand just the way Malloy liked it. Now it was time for his release and he wasn’t sure if Malloy would allow him to do what he wanted to do but he was willing to take the chance. He placed Malloy’s legs on top of his shoulders and reached for the lube, resting on the nightstand. Placing a big blob on his index finger, he gently moved in between Malloy’s butt cheeks. One finger then two until Malloy was fully stretched and prepared. He waited for Malloy’s protest of what was about to take place and hearing none, he replaced his fingers with his hard erect member. He slowly eased himself in, pausing every so often to allow Malloy to adjust to his size, and to also keep himself from loosing control to soon. Finally he was in completely and once again he stopped. Malloy on the other hand had other ideas and began to buck his hips urging Reed to continue. Pleased by Malloy’s love and trust Reed complied with Malloy’s unspoken request. He moved back until only the head of his penis was still held inside then pushed back in. This time both men cried out with pleasure, as a quick furious tempo was set. Malloy moved with Reed’s every thrust. Finally Reed felt the end coming and reached under him to take Malloy’s erection into his hand. Together their orgasm burst forth causing them to scream out in ecstasy. Malloy scream louder as his second orgasm of the night hit. It was wonderful. When Reed was finished he slowly ejected himself and rolled over, taking Malloy in his arms. The two men kissed once again sharing a deep, passionate kiss.

“Oh God , Pete! I can’t believe you let me take full control like that. I love you so much and now even more than ever, if that’s possible.”

“Well, Junior, like the spanking this afternoon, where I gave up control to Mac, I felt like giving up a little control to you, and I knew you were up for the challenge.”

“Thanks, Pete, but you will always be in control. You didn’t give it up, you just let me lead for a change and it was nice.”

“You know, you’re right. Good thinking, baby, and you know you were also right when you said you’d take my pain away.”

“I’m glad. Now are you ready to tell me why Mac felt you needed discipline?”

Tears filled Reed’s eyes as Malloy confessed his fears and insecurities about little Jimmy, and how Mac had made him realize what he was going through, was normal behavior. He began to cry in earnest when Malloy asked for his support and help in this matter.

“Oh, Pete. Of course I’ll help you. That’s what our partnership is all about. You help me in so many ways, in this small area the tables will be turned. I had a lot to learn when Jean and I took Jimmy home and believe me, I’m still learning. We’ll learn together just as all new parents do, agreed?”

Holding his young partner close, Malloy shook his head in agreement.

“Hey, Jim, I have a feeling I’m going to get a few days off without pay for my behavior this afternoon. Do you think Jean would agree to let Jimmy come over here the two days of your time off and my suspension overlap? It will be good practice for me before we have him for the whole two weeks next month.”

Reed sat up as the excited thought of having his son for a couple of days, hit him.

“Oh, Pete, that’s a great idea! I’ll call her in the morning. I love you!”

“I love you too, but suddenly I’m very tired. Having the tables turned on me three times today has taken its toll. Turn out the light and let’s get some sleep. I have a feeling I’m going to need all the rest I can get.”

With one final kiss the two men fell into a deep satisfying sleep.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment